Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chapter Eight - A New Ally

Akaya: Guys, wake up. We're having breakfast then heading off to the cave after that.

Shinichi: *yawns* Ahhh, Ok.

*The group goes downstairs to have breakfast at the Inn. They leave the city and after a while they reach the outskirts of the city. They see a boy about their age. His most distinguishing feature is his smooth, white hair. He is topless and wears a white loincloth around his waist.*

Boy: Hey guys, I heard you're planning to go to the Cave of Tides. There are pretty stronger monsters there and its dangerous. I heard there's a great beast called Leviathan in there. Need help?

Yuuna: How'd you know? And sure, we'd be glad-

Reiza: No, thanks. We don't accept help from strangers.

Akaya: ... *thinking, planning*

Shinichi: Wassup Reiza? We could do with some help.

Boy: Yeah, I can fight, you know! I'm not just some guy who's gonna get himself killed.

Akaya: How do you fight? Weapons?

*The Boy pulls a sharp white, dagger-like blade out from his bare chest. There is blood but his body heals quickly. The group, except for Akaya back off.*

Boy: Bone Daggers.

Shinichi: Akaya! He just pulled one of his bones out!

Ichika: Digusting! Ahhh!

*Ichika covers behind Shinichi. Reiza leaps forward next to the boy, spins around him and grabs him with one arm. His other arm points a sharp dart at the boys neck. He does this motion in a split second.*

Reiza: Akaya, shall I kill him?

Akaya: His tone of voice contains no deceit, let him go. I will ask him questions.

*Reiza releases the boy*

Akaya: What is your name?

Boy: Renku

Akaya: That is lie. Do not lie to me again. Your name?

Boy: ...fine. It's... Ilr'e.

Akaya: Hmm, I see. Why do you want to join us despite the dangers?

Ilr'e: ...Because I was chosen to help you.

Akaya (thinking): ...there is no deceit in his tone... he truly believes that. But how would he know who we were... I'll figure that out later...

Ilr'e: I was born able to do that. I have other talents as well but I won't reveal them yet. I am a person with secrets, and I know that you have secrets too.

Akaya: Hmm, very well. But know Reiza and I are always watching you.

Reiza (whispering to Akaya): Are you crazy? He could be a spy!

Akaya (glancing at Ilr'e): That is unlikely. Anyways I have made my decision.

*The group, now with Ilr'e walk the path to the Cave of Tides.*

Shinichi: So Ilr'e what about your parents? Won't they be worried about you?

Ilr'e: Haha, I don't have parents. I have no idea who they are. I was adopted by a Tyamian since I was born. He's been my Dad since ages.

Ichika: Same here! We don't have parents either. We all came from an orphanage and were raised by Marge and Gren, they're like our mother and father now.

Shinichi: Akaya, maybe he's one of us! He's an orphan too!

Akaya: 'She' chose only five. He is not one of us, but perhaps he really was chosen to assist us.

Ilr'e: 'Us'? The Knights chosen by Destiny?

Reiza (extremely suspicious): How do you know of that?

Ilr'e: I had a dream, Destiny told me I was to help you guys.

Akaya (thinking): ...She mentioned nothing of that... This is very strange.

*A while later of walking and talking they reach the cave and enter. The caves walls are of limestone and the cave is illuminated by glowing stones embedded in the walls. They marvel at the natural beauty and then continue through. They see a few globular creatures that seem hostile and attack them. With the help of each other they manage to kill the monsters. They continue through the maze and defeat a few more hostile enemies, such as giant crabs, giant lobsters. The eventually reach the central chamber of the cave.*

Yuuna: Wow, there a stones everywhere in this room! Do you think the room the ring is in?

Shinchi: Oh god, that means L-L-Leviathan!

*A part of the ceiling crumbles and a huge eel like creature slides down into the chamber. Leviathan has blade like teeth and lood red eyes.*

Leviathan: You are the chosen ones? I am the protector of Kalysha's ring. I was born to protect it and will die protecting it! If you are the true Knights, then show me your power, I will not hold back!

*He rushes at them and opens his huge jaws.*

*Reiza jumps to a ceiling corner of the room and flings a few darts, aiming for his eye, before jumping to another ceiling corner and repeating his attacks.*

*Shinchi holds his sword up in stance and Ichika goes into stance as well. Yuuna stands behind them and fires arrows from her bow. Ilr'e jumps on Leviathan and continuously stabs him with his bone daggers.*

*Akaya puts his hands together in a prayer-like position. He then slowly moves them apart. In between them is a distortion of space. He flings the shining orb he creates at Leviathan.*

Akaya: I am a sorceror! I channel the magic in my bones through my will!

*Everyone is amazed by Akaya magic. After all, it was thought that all sorcerors were dead except for Platine.*

*Leviathan is unfazed by all the attacks and continues rushing towards them.*

*The attacks continue and eventually Leviathan injures all of them by ramming them and such.*

Leviathan: Tidal Surge!

*He tenses quickly and releases creating a wavefront that smashes everyone against the wall. Ichika is knocked unconscious. Shinichi, heavily injured, is protecting her from further harm. Yuuna is unconscious. Reiza is fatigued and can barely move (the result of his leaping from corner to corner). Akaya is suffering from mana burn (result of using too much magic). Ilr'e is lying down barely able to move.*

Leviathan: How weak. So you are not the Knights after all. You die here, impostors!

*Leviathan rushes at extreme speed towards the paralysed Akaya, attempting to ram him and kill him.*

Akaya: My mana... I'm out. It's the end for us...

*Leviathan is an inche away from Akaya. He stops.*

*Akaya, Reiza and Shinichi look at Leviathan. Beside him is a tall humanoid being with white hair. Bones are protuding from his body, that tear holes in the cloth wrapped around his body. The white bony being sees Akaya, Reiza and Shinichi staring at him, from the corner of his eye. The being's arm has ripped through the body of Leviathan and his hand that sticks out the other end of the dead carcass of the eel holds a golden shining ring.*

Reiza (still unable to move): ...Demon...

*Akaya's eyes flashed red. He could see for a second. He saw the tall figure next to him leap up and kill the beast. The demon had saved him.*

Akaya: Ilr'e... you are a demon? Why did you save me?

Shinichi: ...

*The sleek, white demon turns back into the boy the group had met, and faints.*

*The group all take a while to rest.*

Reiza: He could be a spy of Hallekorr.

Akaya: Entirely possible, but I admit, he did save my life. I'll ask him questions later. Let's get out of here.

Ichika (regaining consciousness): What happened?

Shinichi: Ilr'e saved us all. He killed Leviathan. You should've seen him he was a... d-demon, tall, white and bony.

Yuuna: Wow. We're lucky we met him.

Akaya: Not lucky. He told us he was chosen to help us. I could sense no deceit.

Shinichi: Let's get out of here. We'll talk about it later.

*The group leave with the ring. Shinichi and Ichika carry the unconscious Ilr'e out. They return to Tyamo.*

No comments:

Post a Comment