Monday, February 22, 2010

Chapter Three - Departure

*Morning. Last night Akaya and the group announced their departure from the orphanage. Words and goodbyes were exchanged and at last everyone went to bed. Akaya and the group did not speak of their mission as to be wary of spies.*

*Reiza is already awake standing silently over Yuuna, who is still sleeping.*

Yuuna: Ahhh! What are you doing, Reiza!

Reiza: I see you've woken.

Shinichi (thought): ...Reiza is a weirdo.

Ichika: Morning everyone!

All: Hey, Ichika.

Akaya: Okay everyone. Our travels plans are that we ride to Heart Port where we take a Skyship to the Paloma Islands. From there we will take a Submarine to Tyamo.

Yuuna: Wow! That's one heck of a journey. Have we got the money for travelling?

Akaya: Yes, our savings from working for Mr Pason should be enough for food, resting inns and travel. But we'll pack today's meals first.

*A few hours later after packing. Ready for departure. Everyone at the orphanage are gathered to see the group off*

Gren: Will you kids be alright? You sure you don't want me to tag with you until Heart Port?

Ichika: Don't worry Gren, we'll be alright. Remember we're all like brothers and sisters. We'll support each other!

Gren: Alright then.

Matts (kid from orphanage): Imma miss you guys!

Shinichi: Matts, we'll be sure to visit! Then we'll play whatever you want when I come back alright?

Matts: You better keep your promise!

Marge: Remember to send letters back and to tell us all how you're going! And remember if any of you need us we'll always be here for yous!

Reiza: Thanks, Marge. We'll miss you. Everyone here's been a great family to us all.

*Again, they are all in tears. Even Reiza leaks a tear this time.*

*They take three horses from the farm. Akaya takes on his favourite horse. Reiza and Yuuna sit together on another, and Shinichi and Ichika ride the third.*

[Remember Akaya is still blindfolded, and yet he's taking a horse on his own? Dare is the name of his horse. She is his favourite horse and no other animal would Akaya trust than her.]

*Dare follows the other two horses. Reiza knows the way to Heart Port and leads.*

*They travel through the hills and plains of lush grass, leaping over rivers. After an hour of riding, they decide to take a rest. They stop by a hillside to have lunch.*

Akaya: You know guys, I still feel guilty lying to Marge and the orphanage.

Ichika: You'll be alright Akaya! We all feel bad about it. But think, wouldn't Marge be so proud when we are the saviours of this land?

Akaya: No, that's not really what I feel bad about. My logic says I should trust no one but you guys. But then I think, Marge has taken care of us all those years. It would've been impossible that she was a spy. Why didn't I trust her?

Yuuna: Akaya, it's okay. Don't worry about it. You did what was right.

Reiza: Yuuna is correct. Even I know that no one is to be trusted outside of ourselves.

Akaya: I suppose...

*Akaya pushes his blindfold up so his eyes are revealed. He opens his eyes.*

Akaya: ...oh dear. As I expected. Temporary blindness resulted from lack of use. Looks like I'll be permanently blind. Don't worry guys I'll find a way around it. Yuuna, is your bandaid peeling?

Yuuna: Yeah it is. Akaya, I expect you brought a first aid kit?

Akaya: No doubt. Blindness does not affect my internal awareness.

*Yuuna takes off the peeling bandaid and sticks on a new one. Akaya puts his bandage back on.*

Akaya: We don't have a great strategic plan to defeat the darkness. I just hope Lady Destiny had one when we meet her in Tyamo. And we have an even bigger problem, Palluriana is dead. From what it would seem five children would have five spirits. We'll only have four spirits, I wonder if that'll be enough to defeat the Darkness...

Shinichi: Trust Destiny, everything will be alright.

*After half an hour they decide to ride again. About forty-five minutes later then reach Tyamo.*

Ichika: This place is filled with life! Platine's reign isn't across the whole world!

Akaya: From what I've read Platine only controls the large, powerful cities, such as Dyssiria, Sorlbis and Paltia, but his minions and spies are everywhere.

Ichika: Guys, wanna go shopping then?

Akaya: Ichika, we are not on a mission to go shopping and neither do we have an abundance of money. First we'll check when the next flight is. Then if we have spare time we'll go exploring together. I don't want anyone of us to get lost, especially in a city we do not know and with potential enemies.

*Ichika is upset by Akaya's undertone and sarcasm.*

Shinichi: Don't worry Ichika. You know Akaya, he's the responsibility type. When I get rich I'll go shopping with you whenever you like!

Ichika: Thanks, Shini. I know you have feelings for me! I like you too Shini.

Akaya: ...you two can talk about your relationship later. We need to check the time for the next flight. Reiza, can you find the departing port?

Reiza: Yeah, I probably can. Okay, I'll lead.

Reiza @ Stranger: Hey sir, do you know where the departing port for the Paloma Islands is?

Stranger: You're going to the Paloma Islands? We'll then I'd be your Captain. Sorry, maybe I don't look like the Captain of a such a marvellous Skyship without my fancy jacket and hat and all. I'll take you to the Port.

*They are all wary of the stranger, but Akaya is a genius, Reiza is nimble and intuitive, Shinichi is brave and a protector and Yuuna and Ichika are... well, they're just the girls. The guys can handle the danger!*


*They follow the stranger who introduces himself as Captain Olly. While following they have a chat.*


Cpt Olly: So who're you guys? Why do you kids want to go to the Palomas?

Akaya: I'm Yurai. Nice to meet you, Captain. These are my brothers and sisters, not by blood though. My brother the black shirt [Reiza] is Serose; brother in the white shirt [Shinichi] is Falloro; in the pink top and dress [Ichika] is Falloro's girlfriend, Jika and last but not least [Yuuna] is Oyko, a sister. I doubt you'll remember all of us though. Don't worry about it. Our Grandmother lives in Tyamo. So we plan to fly to Paloma and then take a Submarine down.

[Notice Akaya is speaking very fast. He thought of those names immediately when the group met Olly. He knew they would have some sort of false identity just in case. The thought that Akaya is speaking fast would seem like he's trying to hide something. However Akaya is really creating another outside personality, again, just in case.]

*After a while of walking and telling Olly many lies and the use of their new names, they see the Skyship.*

Shinichi: Whoa! Who would've thought a Skyship looked like this just by reading books and listening to stories?! It's beautiful!

*Ichika stares at Shinichi. Shinichi realises his mistake.*

Shinichi (smiling face): Not as much as you of course, Ichika.

Reiza: Impressive...

Yuuna: Wow. This is the largest thing I've seen! This is spectacular. This is just something everyone has to see in their life.

Akaya (sarcastic): ...I can just grasp the fantastical image of this Skyship.

Shinichi: Oh, sorry Ak..Yurai.

Akaya: Don't worry. I was joking. I've read enough about Skyships to know their appearance back to front... and inside too...

*After waiting a while for the ship to be maintenanced, chatting about what they would think a life would be like in Heart Port and Shinichi and Ichika talking amongst themselves.*


Shinichi: I love you, Ich...Jika.

Ichika: Same, Falloro.

Shinichi: You mean more to me than anything in this world you know?

Ichika: I've known that since you got into a fight with Razo for calling me trash.

Shinichi: Haha, that was a long time ago.

*The conversations continue for about five minutes.*

Cpt Olly: Everyone, you can board now! Make sure you have your tickets.

Yuuna: Oh shoot! Tickets! We forgot to buy the tickets!

Akaya: Oh, you mean these? While you guys were talking I bought them off Olly.

Shinichi: Wow, we'd be nothing without you!

Reiza: As expected of Yurai. Remember guys, Yurai leaves nothing out.

*And so they board the Skyship and their mission, their adventure or journey to defeat the Darkness, has just begun.*

No comments:

Post a Comment