Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chapter Two - Heartbreak

Akaya: Don't worry. I have a plan. But first Yuuna and I need to hide our marks. It's very likely Platine has spies around our neighbour. I will wear a blindfold to hide my eyes. Yuuna, you'll need a bandaid or something.

Yuuna: Oh, yeah! Almost forgot about that. Can't believe you remembered Akaya.

Akaya: If I hadn't we would've been screwed wouldn't we. Anyways let's get out of here.

*They make their way out of the cave they found.*

Akaya: Reiza, can you go to the doctor's and get us a bandaid and a bandage cloth?

Reiza: I can do that. But Akaya, you won't be able to see.

Akaya: What else can I do? If I risked Platine knowing of our presence our who mission would be endangered.

Reiza: Very well, it is your decision.

Akaya: And oh, don't tell the doctor our reasons. We can't trust anyone but ourselves now.

*After a while Reiza comes back with the bandage and bandaid.*

Yuuna: Thanks Reiza.

Reiza: No problems.

*Yuuna sticks the bandaid under her eye and Akaya blindfolds himself.*

Akaya: I'll do the talking to Marge.

*They go back to the orphanage. Akaya manages to make his way back with the help of the others.*

Marge: Akaya! What happened to you? Why are you wearing that?

Akaya: Sorry, I've temporarily blinded myself by accident. I've already seen the doctor.

Marge: You what!? Why didn't you tell me about it dear? You should've come back here first! What happened?

Akaya: Marge, I know you worry about me, but going to the doctor first was the best idea otherwise I would've risked permanent blindness. We were doing some exploring in that old cave we always hang out at. Something liquid fell in my eye while i was looking up. I figured it was some weak acid formed by the rock of the cave.

Marge: Thank god it's not permanent! Acid in the cave? Don't you kids ever go into that cave again! You worry me so much! How long will it be for? A week, a month? And what happened to you, Yuuna?!

Akaya: Same thing happened with Yuuna, but luckily it didn't get in her eye. Doctor said about a month. And there's something else I need to tell you Marge.

Marge: Oh, Akaya. Don't make me worry. Please don't let it be bad news.

Akaya: Sorry Marge. I suppose it's bad and kinda good. You know the couple I've been mailing to in the past month? They've decided to adopt the five of us and to start a new life in Tyamo.

Marge: Oh no, Akaya. Not all of you! What would be of the orphanage? Everyone looks to you guys as their older brothers and sisters. you're the son Gren and I never had, Akaya. All of you are like my children.

*Marge is in tears. Ichika and Yuuna goes to hug Marge and to comfort her.*

Ichika: Marge it'll be okay. We'll keep in contact.you're like our mother! We'd never just leave you, but we just want to go out and live our own lives. Just for a some time.

Shinichi: We'll visit as much we can!

Reiza (mumbling to himself): I told you this wasn't going to be good...

Marge (still with wet eyes): Oh well, I suppose you have all grown up. I've watched over yous since you were just babies. I knew you'd have to live your own lives eventually. The orphanage won't be the same without you kids. When do you have to leave then?

Akaya: We plan to leave tomorrow morning. Sorry Marge, I'll announce it to the whole orphanage tonight.

Marge: Tomorrow? But you're blinded Akaya! You can't go! And Yuuna is injured.

Akaya: Marge, I'll be okay. I have these guys to help me and I'll need to get used to this anyways. Again, i'm really sorry, but I don't want to miss this chance.

Marge: It's okay Akaya. I understand. But you promise to send letters and visit often ok?

Shinichi: Of course Marge! We'd never forget you after what you've done for us all these years. You've taken care of us like a mother!

*They are left teary, except for Reiza (who usually doesn't show many emotions anyways). Akaya's tears slip through his bandage.*

No comments:

Post a Comment